Monday, October 7, 2013

Beekman 1802 ... Sharon Springs ... Harvest Festival ... Incredible Weekend!


I just came back for a fantastic weekend in Upstate New York -- Sharon Springs to be exact. (Actually I have been back a few weeks and am now just getting the time to get this posted)   Frank (my husband) and I went to the Harvest Festival in Sharon Springs.  Our first vacation with just the two of us in over 18 years!  We always took our daughter everywhere we went, now that she is in college it is just the two of us again!   Actually he has sacrificed our family vacation for the past six years so that my daughter and I could go to Disney World every February with her high school marching band.  The reason we chose (I chose actually)  the Harvest Festival in Sharon Springs was because I just love the Fabulous Beekman Boys.    Last year after I had my gastric bypass surgery and subsequent near death experience which included 3 surgeries in 4 days, respiratory failure, 12 days on a ventilator and a month in the hospital I was home bound and watched a lot of TV.  I missed the first several episodes of last fall's Amazing Race due to being in the hospital but when I did start watching

it I immediately started rooting for the Beekman Boys, then I started watching the Fabulous Beekman Boys show on Netflix.

I have to say that Sharon Springs area has to be one of the most beautiful areas I have been to.  The views are breathtaking; Sharon Springs is a quaint little town that has been reborn; it was a perfect mini vacation an I can't wait until I visit again!

I took loads of pictures.  So here they are!
Mindy Cohn Me and Brent Ridge at the Beekman 1802 Mercantile



Dinner at the Blue Mingo at the suggestion of Brent.  Food was incredible and the view was even better

me and Josh Kilmer Purcell!!!

Got my Heirloom cookbooks signed by the Boys - I am in heaven!!

The Beekman House (the back)

Farmer John - he was so nice!

Look at me! 

View from on top of the "wedding hill"

Morning has risen on our way into Sharon Springs

Sharon Springs

The American Hotel

Getting my books signed, the Boys were so easy to talk to, like talking to old friends


Dave Purcell Josh's Dad, what a great guy!


Goats!

Can you see her?  Just her eyes and ears peeking over the pile of hay?  It is the elusive Polka Spot!  What a diva!! She was not in the mood for celebrity when I was visiting!

Well hello, gorgeous!  Polkie might not want to pose but I will!

My husband getting ideas from the heirloom garden for our own little garden

A beautiful view of the pond on the Beekman farm

some pictures of the crypt



There are no words for this picture.  The view from the top of the "wedding hill" looking out away from the farm.  Just breathtaking.  

Wishie pods!  I love wishies!

A few more shots from the top of the hill



Poor little Faintly, Farmer John said some of the goats were picking on her!! Bad goats!!

Daddy goat!

Is there anything cuter than goats up against a red barn?

Just a pretty shot of the side of the barn.
Here is the entrance to the crypt.


Can't forget the Black Cat Cafe.  What an awesome little place to grab something to eat.  If you are there for lunch you MUST have the Thanksgiving Everyday sandwich, awesomely delicious.  They also have a good mocha latte!

No comments:

Post a Comment