Tuesday, October 22, 2013

OATMEAL SANDWICH COOKIES - Beekman 1802




Here is my second selection from this awesome cookbook.  This is the Oatmeal Sandwich Cookie.  These were absolutely fantastic.  I ended up bringing these to work since I also had the pumpkin jelly roll.  They were gone in no time!  Again please purchase the book if you would like the recipes.  You can purchase it at Beekman 1802 or online and bricks & mortar retailers.


I have found it easiest to gather all of my ingredients together before I start to make sure I have everything needed

All of my dry ingredients

Adding the eggs
All mixed and ready to go

I use a small ice cream scoop to portion out the dough onto the cookie sheet.  I line my cookie sheets with parchment for easier clean up.

I wet my fingers and pressed down gently on the cookies before putting them into the oven.  This was recommended in the recipe, I have never done this before when baking cookies, not really sure it was necessary.

Cookies are done!  Let them cool on a wire rack

Mixed up the yummy cream cheese and ginger filling for the cookies

Spread a generous amount of ginger cream cheese filling on half of the cookies, then take another cookie and top it.

Finished cookies!  The cookie was nice and crisp and the filling had a nice spicy ginger flavor.  I put them in the refrigerator because I wasn't sure about the cream cheese filling. This made the cookies soft but the flavor was the same.  I prefered the cookies crispier, so if I make them again I might take my chances and leave them out of the frig, I don't think they will last long anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment