Thursday, October 24, 2013

WALNUT CAKE ~~ Beekman 1802 Heirloom Dessert Cookbook





I am taking part in a challenge to bake our way through this cookbook over the next year.  All of this is being done on another blog that I follow - here is the link Beekman Bakes   The Walnut Cake was the first recipe in the challenge.  It was relatively simple recipe.  Although I liked the cake but it was VERY sweet so I might adjust the syrup amount that you pour over the cake at the end.  Again I am going to say that I will post pictures of the steps in baking the cake but not the recipe. If you would like the recipe you can purchase the cookbook!!  beekman1802.com

Gathered all of my ingredients.  Although I grab the flour and then realized I didn't actually need it for this recipe.


mixed all of my wet ingredients

added nuts and all dry ingredients to the wet

whipped egg whites to stiff peaks then folded them into the mixture


pour ingredients into buttered spring-form pan, called for a 9"pan all I had was an 8" or 10" so I went with a 10 inch pan
after you cook the cake your pour a syrup mixture made up of honey, sugar, water and lemon juice over the cake and then let it cool completely before removing the spring-form pan. I topped the finished cake with some candied citrus peels that I made using a recipe from the cookbook. 
slice and enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment