Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Caramel Roasted Pears - Bake Like Beekman continues!


   
This weeks Beekman 1802 baking challenge was Roasted Caramel Pears.  Not something I would have picked from the Heirloom Dessert book so I am glad I joined the Bake like  Beekman challenge which pushed me into making this awesome recipe.  This week Kenn who runs the Bake Like a Beekman blog had a contest for his blog followers!   Sandy Gluck who helps Josh and Brent with their Heirloom Cookbooks was the guest judge.  Unfortunately I did not wine but it was still bun making this tasty dessert.

 This recipe and 99 others can be found in the Beekman 1802 Heirloom Cookbook and be purchased at Beekman 1802 or Amazon 


As usual I gathered all of the items need to make this recipe.  I used Bosc pears, but I think you can use any kind you can find at your local store. 

Adding sugars, clove and vanilla to melted butter

Add pears - peeled, cut in half and cored into sugar mixture.  Bake turning pears over a little more than half way through baking time.   Be prepared for awesome smells to come from your kitchen!

After cooking plate pears and top with caramel sauce.  Enjoy while warm!! It would probably be good with a scoop of ice cream on top.

close up of finished pears. 



No comments:

Post a Comment